Concentric Energy Advisors, Inc. (www.ceadvisors.com) (“Concentric”) is a leading management consulting and financial advisory firm focused on the North American energy industries. Concentric specializes in financial advisory assignments; market assessment and strategy development; ratemaking and utility regulation; litigation support; and management and operations consulting. Concentric was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Marlborough, MA with offices in Washington, DC, Chicago, and Calgary.
Concentric offers a collegiate culture with people who are hardworking, curious, collaborative, and customer focused. We enjoy working as a team to support each as well as providing superior individual effort and work product. We are looking for a high energy, self-starting Associate (intern) to join our team for the summer at our Marlborough, MA (headquarters) or Washington, DC offices.
An Associate serves an important role on project teams as the contributor of data analysis, modeling and research tasks that are essential to a successful client engagement.
- Utilize Excel to run financial modeling for utility/energy providers across the US and Canada, through equations and complex formulas
- Provide assistance with valuation and market analysis through advanced modeling skills, expert testimony, and high profile merger and acquisition transactions
- Compile and analyze data related to energy industry into database
- Conduct and synthesize research into memos and presentations for variety of energy-related projects
- Assist with various projects related to energy regulation and regulatory processes
- Research regulatory issues, financial data, or utility data across the United States and Canada
- Apply research to Excel models; data entry
- Perform financial and regression analyses, summary tables and charts, and auditing
- Work on Utility Rate Cases: Regulatory policy, rate design and cost of service, return on equity determination, benchmarking, and resource planning
- Assist with Financial Advisory Assignments: Asset/corporate valuation, sale process design and execution, negotiation of terms and support through regulatory approval
- Forecast demand and supply plans
- Research State public utility commissions, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Energy Information Administration, energy company websites, Bloomberg and SEC filings
- Provide innovative and creative problem-solving for clients
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and energy industry experts
- Potentially modest travel requirements (10%)
This position will be full-time/40 hours per week for the summer.
Concentric is interested in undergraduate students (entering their junior or senior year), graduate students, or recent graduates with exceptional quantitative, analytical, and communication skills.
Ideal candidates should:
- Be able to demonstrate outstanding academic performance (A to B+ in economics, mathematics, and/or statistics courses)
- Have Experience in SPSS and Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word) is preferred
- Have intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
- Be self-motivated and possess strong analytical, modeling, and problem-solving capabilities
- Have superior report writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Have a genuine desire to learn about the complex energy industry
Why Intern at Concentric?
We hire the best and brightest candidates, who are looking for real-world work experience in financial analysis, financial modeling, data analytics, writing and research, specifically in the energy and utilities industry. Our current staff come from top-notch colleges and universities across the country.
We offer a collaborative, intellectual environment where problem-solving for our clients is critical. Our compensation package is exceptional and the experience you will gain will be invaluable to your career. You will work with national industry experts in energy and utilities, who will train, guide and mentor you. Business casual environment and overall a great place to work! Apply today and join our team.
If interested, please email resume, cover letter, transcript and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.