Who We Are:
Concentric Energy Advisors, Inc. (www.ceadvisors.com) (“Concentric”) is a leading management consulting and financial advisory firm focused on the North American electricity and natural gas industries. Concentric is an industry leader in financial advisory services including regulatory policy and ratemaking, market assessment and strategy; M&A and valuation; litigation support; and management and operations consulting. We work for many of the largest utilities throughout North America, as well as other segments of an industry that is undergoing rapid change. Concentric was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Marlborough, MA, and has offices in Washington, DC, Chicago, IL, and Calgary, AB. Concentric offers a collegial, team-oriented and collaborative environment that invests in the development and success of its employees.
Job Description and Required Skills:
Concentric is looking for a Consultant who seeks advancement opportunities within a rapidly growing consulting firm. The Consultant will utilize business, finance, accounting, and analytical skills to perform tasks including, but not limited to financial modeling, valuation, data analytics and financial statement review on a variety of engagements including but not limited to:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Regulatory support
- Asset valuations
- Due diligence
- Transaction support services
Concentric has an opening for a candidate with a minimum of three years of relevant Corporate Finance experience. The candidate must possess/demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or related field required
- Three years of progressive, post-bachelor’s consulting experience or relevant work experience
- Strong data analysis skills and problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity with financial research tools (e.g. Bloomberg,)
- Ability to develop complex financial models for project and corporate finance.
- Understanding of credit rating analytics
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Quantitative and statistical analysis using SPSS, Crystal Ball or @Risk
- Desire for a high level of responsibility and ability to work with minimal supervision
- A genuine desire to learn about the energy industry
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet aggressive schedules
- Ability to work well independently or in a team dynamic
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize changing work demands and learn quickly
- Highest degree of professionalism, ethics, quality and integrity
Concentric offers a collegial, team-oriented and collaborative organization that invests in its employees. We offer a highly competitive base and incentive compensation package, along with a comprehensive benefits package which includes vacation time, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, health/dental programs, and tuition reimbursement, along with access to training opportunities to support professional growth objectives. In addition, we offer candidates the opportunity to be a part of a growing organization with the opportunity to become a shareholder in the firm.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, university transcripts and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.