Concentric Energy Advisors, Inc. (“Concentric”) is a management consulting and financial advisory services firm with a focus on the North American energy industry. Our staff possesses expertise in numerous aspects of the power, natural gas, oil pipeline, telecom, water, and railway industries. Our new Canadian subsidiary, Concentric Advisors, ULC (“Concentric Advisors”) is looking for a high energy, self-starting, full-time administrative professional to join our cohesive administrative team. The Project Assistant / Office Coordinator provides project, clerical and organizational support to a team of 6-10 executives and consultants in our Calgary, AB office as well as in remote offices. Candidates must have two to four years of administrative assistant experience and must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Post-secondary education (Business Administration or related) preferred.
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills
- Service-oriented, a willingness to serve others
- Highly motivated and passionate self-starter, who is confident and independent
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment
- Proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar skills
- Willingness to admit mistakes and develop skills
- Willingness to take on any task
- Working knowledge of business procedures
- Determination and desire to be successful in the role
- Respect for intellectual property
- Serve as lead administrative staff person on consulting projects as assigned.
- Edit reports and correspondence and take lead in document production for client and staff reports, presentations, and mailings. Assist with document formatting, proofreading and preparation using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel as well as other related software as needed.
- Assist with organizing, writing and distributing communications, with follow-up as needed.
- Email/phone correspondence with clients on project related-matters.
- Coordinate, initiate, and participate in client-related conference calls and team meetings as needed.
- Develop and manage contact databases for projects, track activities and keep meticulous contact records.
- Create and maintain project files (hard copy and electronic).
- Organize, manage, and maintain professional schedule for executives and consulting team members.
- Schedule calls/meetings and make travel arrangements as needed.
- Prepare for client and internal meetings.
- Enter time and expense reports for consulting team members.
- Copy and distribute correspondence and other printed materials. Responsible for distribution of mail, telephone calls, etc.
- Assist with production of business development materials and maintenance of contact database using Deltek Vision.
- Act as integral member of Project Assistant team: participate in team meetings, initiatives, duties and coverage.
OFFICE COORDINATION DUTIES:
- Greet visitors, answers main line and handles all facility maintenance issues.
- Assist in the maintenance and deployment of office equipment including computers, cell phones, office telephones, printers, fax machines, building security system, etc.
- Responsible for kitchen and supply room maintenance and ordering necessary supplies.
- Assist with the set up and training of new employees in the Calgary office.
- Serve as liaison between the Calgary office and Concentric headquarters in Marlborough, MA as well as other office locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years administrative assistant experience in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Minimum 60 words per minute and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with Access helpful.
- Strong skills in proofreading, formatting and document production.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Highly motivated and organized; excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills; able to juggle a large number of tasks while maintaining commitment to critical deadlines.
- Sound prioritization in balancing competing demands.
- Sound, independent judgment on administrative issues.
- Proactive; able to identify risks and head them off before they become problems.
- Internet-based research skills.
- Continuing interest in learning new skills and the energy industry.
- Willingness to be a team member.
- Ability to work extended hours to reflect the demands of a particular day or week.
Interested candidates can apply on our website or email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put “Project Assistant – Calgary” in the subject of the email.
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Outstanding benefits
- A pleasant, satisfying, collegial work environment
- An opportunity for a substantial bonus