Who we are:
Concentric Energy Advisors, Inc. (www.ceadvisors.com) (“Concentric”) is a leading management consulting and financial advisory firm focused on the North American electricity and natural gas industries. Concentric is an industry leader in financial advisory services including regulatory policy and ratemaking, market assessment and strategy; M&A and valuation; litigation support; and management and operations consulting. We work for many of the largest utilities throughout North America, as well as other segments of the industry that are undergoing rapid change. Concentric was founded in 2002 and has offices in Marlborough, MA and Washington, DC and offers a collegial, team-oriented and collaborative environment that invests in the development and success of its employees.
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for an individual with five-to-ten years of directly relevant experience that can direct a team of financial analysts and assume responsibility for a diverse set of client work products that include expert testimony, reports and presentations on cost of capital and other financial issues, asset valuations, due diligence and other transaction support services. We are also looking for an individual that is committed to learning about the industry, grow with the firm, and contribute to the success of the firm by taking on increasing responsibilities over time including expert testimony and contributing to our marketing, sales, and client development efforts.
We offer a highly competitive base and incentive compensation package, along with a comprehensive benefits package which includes vacation time, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, health/dental programs, and tuition reimbursement, along with access to training opportunities to support professional growth objectives. In addition, we offer candidates the opportunity to be a part of a growing organization with the opportunity to become a shareholder in the firm.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Provide subject matter expertise on financial/capital-related matters (including utility cost of capital and capital structure) for rate case filings, and contribute to Concentric’s transaction and valuation engagements.
- Direct and review quantitative and qualitative analyses that inform client deliverables.
- Prepare client-ready drafts of client deliverables, direct other team members as appropriate, and participate in client meetings.
- Develop your technical/professional skills and contribute to the professional development of your colleagues.
- Manage multiple projects and both small and large project teams.
- Modest and variable travel requirements (approximately 25%).
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, mathematics, accounting, economics, engineering, or other relevant field; or equivalent work experience. A relevant certification or advanced degree is valued.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the consulting industry or 10 years of experience in the utility industry with emphasis on financial analysis and general utility rate making and cost recovery principles. Experience with energy utility regulation strongly preferred (either direct utility employment experience or via consulting or regulatory entity).
- Knowledge and experience of public utility regulation and energy policies and legislation. Familiarity with the following subjects: cost of capital, capital structure, regulatory accounting, revenue requirements, rate design, cost recovery mechanisms (e.g., capital trackers), state and federal energy and environmental policies, and alternative/performance-based regulation.
- Understanding of current trends within the utility industry and developments in legislation or regulation.
- Expertise in corporate finance and financial modeling in MS Excel.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills; must be able to provide timely and accurate interpretation of analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp complex issues and effectively integrate, compile, and analyze complex information and data.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and clients.
- Success working independently, handling multiple tasks, and determining priorities in a team environment.
- Proficient in other relevant software, i.e., Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, university transcripts and a writing sample.