Our role as lead financial advisor in the sales of generating assets has included the development and negotiation of power purchase agreements (“PPAs”), including:
- Development of form of PPA upon which to solicit proposals
- Development of pricing parameter (e.g., cost of service and market prices) to use in evaluation of proposals
- Review of bidder feedback on form of PPAs and evaluation of specific PPA proposals
- Negotiation of PPA proposals
- Sought specific regulatory approvals
All of the above were done in the context of a transaction which included the sale of a generating assets, recognizing the relationship between PPAs and other objectives.