Litigation Support Services
Concentric’s staff includes approximately 20 senior economic and financial professionals who have served as expert witnesses in civil, administrative and arbitration proceedings. Each expert brings years of industry expertise backed by the intellectual rigor, advanced research skills and trial-tested quantitative methods of our entire litigation team. In addition, several of our experts are part of the exclusive IMS EliteXpert community, which serves some of the top law firms in North America.
- Expert testimony
- Regulatory and litigation strategy development
- Case management
- Settlement negotiation support
- Damages expert in multiple cases between electric utilities and the U.S. DOE regarding the government’s breach of its obligations relating to the disposal of spent nuclear fuel.
- Industry standards of conduct expert in a failed merger case between two multi-billion dollar utilities. This testimony covered M&A conduct, due diligence and disclosure practices, as well as claims relating to breaches of implied covenants.
- Industry standards and energy contracting expert in a claim filed for enforcement of provisions of a multi-billion dollar bond indenture on behalf of bondholders and lenders.
- Damages and valuation expert in a breach of contract case against a major investment banking firm relating to the sale of an energy trading business that failed after being acquired.
- Valuation and economic risk testimony by two Concentric experts in a major tax dispute between an electric utility and the IRS, relating to a lease-in-lease-out structure for a power plant in the Netherlands.
Litigation Support Services Contacts