We supported a utility in evaluating its electric pricing policies, programs and tariffs. Specifically, we:
- Assessed potential impact of distributed generation and other emerging industry trends on the client’s rate design and tariffs.
- Refined the client’s rate design goals and “strategy” in response to the emerging industry trends.
- Identified “gaps” in the existing tariff and rate design, and proposed solutions that reflect the states in which the utility operates-specific circumstances. Confirmed tariff and rate design areas where the status quo positioned the client well.
- Proposed near-term and longer-term regulatory actions to implement the refined rate design strategy and close gaps.
- Fostered effective decision-making within the client over what may turn out to be a turbulent decade of regulatory activity.