Working on a very aggressive schedule, the Concentric team evaluated the potential acquisition of an electric utility owned by a public utility holding company. We completed a deep dive due diligence assessment and summary presentations to enable our client to evaluate the target as thoroughly as possible using publicly available information.
At the request of our client’s executive team, we prepared detailed due diligence reports and presentations addressing:
- Market structure
- Required regulatory approvals for a merger
- Generation and resource plans and requirements, and transmission and distribution assets
- Financial and operational performance, customer base, and customer rates
- Regulatory history, including rate cases and prudence reviews, and other regulatory policies
- Legislative and government factors, the local community, and the target management team
After delivering the due diligence report, we helped our client use this knowledge to inform the valuation and terms of a potential transaction.