Our staff assists clients in breach of contract cases, partnership disputes, failed transactions, bankruptcies, tax disputes, and administrative and regulatory compliance matters. We provide independent, objective and principled advice to clients and their legal teams throughout the litigation or arbitration process.
We have significant expertise in the following areas:
- Economic and financial evaluations for direct consequential and punitive damage cases, profits derived from tortious acts, disgorgement, unjust enrichment and quantum meruit claims;
- Evaluation of damages and mitigation measures, including lost profits, diminished value, expectancy damages, enterprise value and costs to cover;
- Valuation of assets and businesses in eminent domain, government takings, ad valorem tax and administrative cases;
- Industry standards, custom, and practice in cases brought for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, breach of implied covenants, fraud, professional misconduct and related cases;
- Market analysis evaluations to assess competitive and regulated product markets, including concentration analyses, analyses of anti-competitive behavior, structural and behavioral remedies for market power and merger/consolidation effects on competition;
- Commodity price analyses for market manipulation claims and commodities trading violations; and
- Accounting and financial evaluations in bankruptcy cases relating to pre-petition solvency, asset transfers, value of rejected contracts, post-petition asset sales, and viability of reorganization plans.